Red Plus+ MTB Session – Is your child super keen to ride mountain bike trails? Then this session could be just what your looking for!
The Red Plus sessions are aimed at riders who are competent at riding the core skills in mountain biking yet haven’t fully developed the confidence or strength and fitness to ride the most challenging trails found on our ‘Black” grade sessions.
Using technical practices and challenges we’ll allow your child to establish their decision making and risk management strategies whilst in an relaxed outdoor environment. As a group, we’ll explore new trails, rehearse intermediate level skills such as bunny hops, jumping table tops and riding challenging terrain.
We aim to create an environment to prepare the next generation of mountain bike riders and develop a lifelong love of riding outdoors getting covered in mud!
Red Plus+ – Intermediate session’s are aimed at riders who ideally:
- Can ride XC style single track trails containing roots, rock gardens with a mix of gradients.
- Can use their gears and maintain their energy to ride to the top of gradual climbs.
- Prepared to ride in most weather conditions for short periods of time.
- Understand how to brake and carry momentum in difficult trail conditions.
- Have a basic knowledge of how to fix minor issues with their bike.
- Descending steeper or more technical and challenging terrain.
- Negotiating the most advanced trail features such as drop off’s and gap jumps that are not rollable.
- Riding almost any trail feature including descending rutted trails or clearing steeper climbs.
*Please note only cancel sessions under extreme weather conditions. Check our Facebook page for updates if you are unsure prior to the session.
Is this session for my child?
All riders must attend a ‘Red’ grade session within the previous 6 months prior to booking onto a ‘Red Plus+’ session grade session. If you are unsure please ask us.
What do I need to wear for this session?
Wearing a helmet during the session is compulsory. Body armour such as knee pads are recommended. Long sleeve jersey, full finger gloves and pants highly recommended. Please ensure your child’s bike is in full working order (two working brakes essential) and they dress appropriately for the weather and riding conditions.
What do I need to bring to the session?
Please bring anything you usually take with you on an MTB ride (multi-tool, inner tube, pump, food, water etc.) ensure your bike is in full working order. Failure to do so may mean you can’t take part in the session.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org TERMS & CONDITIONS apply.