Black MTB Session – Looking to learn the most technical skills? Want to ride the most challenging trails on our island? Then this session could be just what your looking for! Using technical practices and challenges we’ll allow your child to establish their decision making and risk management strategies whilst in an relaxed outdoor environment. As a group, we’ll ride the mtb trails, rehearse riding scenarios so that they are prepared to be the next generation of mountain bike riders! And hopefully a lifelong love of riding outdoors getting covered in mud! Black – Advanced session’s are aimed at riders who ideally:
- Can ride narrow single track trails containing roots, rock gardens with a mix of gradients.
- Can ride almost any trail feature including rutted trails and steep and technical climbs and descents.
- Prepared to ride in almost any weather conditions. for a prolonged period of time.
- Understand how to brake and carry momentum in difficult conditions.
- Negotiating the most advanced trail features such as drop off’s and jumps that are not rollable.
- Riding almost anywhere and anything!
*Please note only cancel sessions under extreme weather conditions. Check our Facebook page for updates if you are unsure prior to the session.
Is this session for my child? All riders must attend a ‘Red’ grade session within the previous 6 months prior to booking onto a ‘Black’ grade session. If you are unsure please ask us.
What do I need to wear for this session? Wearing a FULL FACE helmet during the session is strongly recommended. If you require hire of a helmet for this session please get in touch with us! Body armour such as knee pads are recommended. Long sleeve jersey, full finger gloves and pants recommended. Please ensure your child’s bike is in full working order (two working brakes essential) and they dress appropriately for the weather and riding conditions.
What do I need to bring to the session? Please bring anything you usually take with you on an MTB ride (multi-tool, inner tube, pump, food, water etc.) ensure your bike is in full working order. Failure to do so may mean you can’t take part in the session.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions? Send us an email at email@example.com TERMS & CONDITIONS apply.