RED MTB Session – Ridden mountain bike trails before? Then this session could be just what your looking for! Using fun games and technical practices we’ll let your child learn new mountain bike skills in a relaxed environment. As part of a group, we’ll ride the mtb trails, set riding challenges and ensure that we all get a big smile and covered in mud! This session is aimed at children who ideally:
- Can negotiate narrow single track trails containing roots, rock gardens with a mix of gradients including being able to ride a sustained climb.
- Understand how to ride safely in a group and corner using a berm and shift their gears to maintain momentum.
- Can ride in all weather conditions for short durations (an hour).
- Controlling their speed and momentum using their brakes and grip points to maintain or gain momentum.
- Riding intermediate features such as rollable drop offs and jumps.
- Negotiating advanced features such as off camber turns and pumping terrain.
*Please note only cancel sessions under extreme weather conditions. Check our Facebook page for updates if you are unsure prior to the session. FAQs What do I need to wear for this session? Wearing a helmet during the session is compulsory. Full finger gloves are advised for off-road cycling. Please dress appropriately for the weather and riding conditions. Prepare for changable conditions! What do I need to bring to the session? Please bring anything you usually take with you on an MTB ride (inner tube, pump, food, water etc.) ensure your bike is in full working order. Failure to do so may mean you can’t take part in the session. Where will we meet? We will meet in the main car park. How can I contact the organiser with any questions? Send us an email at email@example.com TERMS & CONDITIONS apply.