Learn To Ride – MTB Academy (NEWCOMERS)
The aim of the sessions is to introduce off road riding and develop their skills, so that fitness and speed is not a barrier as they are introduced to more technical terrain and intermediate skills. All riders will have the opportunity to improve regardless of ability or experience.
Run by a qualified mountain bike coach with over 10 years experience delivering cycling activities to children of all ages and abilities. All riders who sign up receive a Pedal To Progression jersey.
VENUE: Archallagan Plantation (Meeting at car park 1/south corner).
DATE: Every SATURDAY during summer school holidays*.
This session is aimed at children who ideally:
- Can ride uphill without stopping on gentle to moderate climbs.
- Can use both front and back brake independently.
- Can ride flat turns proficiently.
- Have experienced riding off road (such as Railway lines, forest roads).
- Know how to ride in their ‘Attack position’.
- Riding safely in a group and independently using gears to maintain speed.
- ‘Weight shift’ by moving their body around their bike.
*Please note only cancel sessions under extreme weather conditions. Check our Facebook page for updates if you are unsure prior to the session.
What do I need to wear for this session?
Wearing a helmet during the session is compulsory. Full finger gloves are advised for off-road cycling. Please dress appropriately for the weather and riding conditions. Prepare for changable conditions!
What do I need to bring to the session?
Please bring anything you usually take with you on an MTB ride (inner tube, pump, food, water etc.) ensure your bike is in full working order. Failure to do so may mean you can’t take part in the session.
Where will we meet?
We will meet in car park 1.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONS apply.