MTB Academy – PROGRESSORS
The aim of the progress session is to develop their fitness and speed so they can feel confident to tackle more technical terrain and master intermediate skills. This session is a natural progression from our newcomer MTB academy. All riders will have the opportunity to improve regardless of ability or experience. We’ll share our knowledge of MTB ettiquette, including how to share the trails with other users and maintain our pledge to UNESCO Biosphere IOM.
Lead by a Level 3 qualified mountain bike coach with over 10 years experience delivering cycling activities to children of all ages and abilities.
VENUE: South Barrule Plantation (Meeting at the main car park).
DATE: Every SATURDAY during school term time.
This session is aimed at children who ideally:
- Know how to ride in their ‘Attack position’.
- Riding safely in a group and independently using gears to maintain speed.
- ‘Weight shift’ by moving their body around their bike.
- Can ride in all weather conditions for short durations (an hour).
- Have experience riding off road in plantations
- being able to ride longer sustained climbs.
- Understand how to ride safely in a group and corner using a berm and shift their gears to maintain momentum.
- Controlling their speed and momentum using their brakes and grip points to maintain or gain momentum.
- Riding intermediate features such as rollable drop offs and jumps.
*Please note only cancel sessions under extreme weather conditions. Check our Facebook page for updates if you are unsure prior to the session.
What do I need to wear for this session?
Wearing a helmet during the session is compulsory. Full finger gloves are advised for off-road cycling. Please dress appropriately for the weather and riding conditions. Prepare for changable conditions!
What do I need to bring to the session?
Please bring anything you usually take with you on an MTB ride (inner tube, pump, food, water etc.) ensure your bike is in full working order. Failure to do so may mean you can’t take part in the session.
Where will we meet?
We will meet in the main car park.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Send us an email at email@example.com
TERMS & CONDITIONS apply.